Thursday, 16 January 2014

Estee' Lauder | Super Sparkly Champagne Pink Nails

Hey Luxies, 

I have been loving sparkles and glitter recently and decided to do another nail post! This time on a very girly, elegant nail! I absolutely love dusky pink nail colours, they are so easy to wear and go with almost ANY skin tone. A light colour can often be a lot easier to pull off as the rough edges and smudges/chips don't show up as easily! They also go with most outfits as the colour is usually not bold enough to clash to heavily.  

I started off just by making sure my nails were clean of any polish, buffed and filed! 


 The OPI Top and Base coats are my go to when it comes to those finishing touches for my nails. They are a staple in anyone's nail collection. They are long-lasting, dry fast and help to make my polish last longer! 



  I decided to use my new Estee Lauder polish in 02 Pink Thrill. Its a really beautiful pearlescent pink with slight blue undertones to give it a lovely shimmer. Not only is the colour gorgeous, but the bottle itself has such simple yet effective qualities. Its cube shape and elegant gold lettering is just too cute! I knew that the colour was going to be quite iridescent and sheer when applying the first coat, so I did two!



I paired this colour with one of my all time favourite glitter polishes from Barry M - Rose Quartz Glitter. It is such a lovely multi-glitter polish, combining think pastel pink glitter with small pink iridescent glitter dust. It gives a great multi-tonal effect, with the light constantly catching the glitter flakes! I just love it!


I love the finish look, it is really elegant and super glittery, especially in the light! The only thing I find with glitter polishes is they tend to chips quicker because of the uneven texture, but it's worth it for all the sparkle!




Do you have a favorite glitter polish?? Let me know!

All my love,

CJ.