Monday, 26 May 2014

Munch | Superfruit Breakfast Bowl



Breakfast is THE most important meal. It helps to set us up for the rest of the day and directs our eating habits. If you have a good, nutritious and healthy breakfast, the chance of you maintaining this eating pattern throughout the day is increased! Start the day off well and it's easier to maintain.

Personally, breakfast is also my favourite meal of the day so it's a big deal. I have an almost morning ritual of waking up and heading downstairs to the kitchen where I create my breakfast the same way I would a piece of art before sitting down to eat it. 



I love when my food looks good, it just becomes so much more appetising. If i present my food well then I feel much more inclined to eat it and to finish it all! I think that preparing and arranging fruit is super fun and easy. The colours and textures just looks very playful and fun, and also super healthy.



Blueberries are a massive SUPER food. While they may look small and inferior, they pack a mighty punch of benefits! Some of the super powers of blueberries :
  • Great source of Vitamin C | Helps to maintain a healthy immune system.
  • Huge antioxidant provider | Vitamin E, Vitamin A , Vitamin B complex e.t.c.
  • Aids weightloss | Holds anti-biotic properties and bacteria fighting qualities.
  • Help with digestion | Contains lots of fibre and vitamin compounds.

Fruit and seeds go nicely together so i've just used a basic seed mix to sprinkle on top of the fruit salad for some extra vitamin E as i'm really trying to naturally clear my skin and promote healthy hair at the moment and seeds are fabulous for this!



As it was a lovely morning I went and sat outside to eat it in the sun, perfect! Although I did find a little baby spider crawling around trying to get into the bowl, but hey it's only wildlife! What do you love having for breakfast? Let me know your breakfast ideas.

Fruit is natures candy, it looks like sweets and most people much prefer fruit to veg! Unfortunately, fruit does contain a lot of sugar in the form of 'fructose' , the carbs held in the fruit come from sugar which inevitably makes them a bad carb source. HOWEVER, everything in moderation! I don't think you can really ever say eating a variety of fruits is a bad thing! 

 Finally I drizzled Maple Syrup over my Superfurit bowl as a sweet topping! I am absolutely obsessed with Maple Syrup and will use it whenever I can get away with it! I need to find some way to curve my maple 
craving though as it is full of sugar, but it made my breakfast super tasty. 


As it was a lovely morning I went and sat outside to eat in the sunshine, perfect!

All my love,
CJ.